Sunday, November 9, 2008

Thanks, Guys!


A big sloppy kiss in thanks to everyone who wished my mom a happy birthday. (Except for you, poetry-writing boy. Buy her pearls? You're supposed to help get me out of trouble, not deeper in. See if I give you any more discounted coffee...).

In addition to helping make my mom's birthday special, we also succeeded in exercising one of the many tasks that I manage not to shirk, which is to embarrass my poor mother with my wacky-crazy daughterness as often and as thoroughly as possible. Somehow, I find myself never too distracted to do that. I've embarrassed my mother in her home, in cars, in parking lots, in front of strangers, friends, family; on planes, at schools (remember Mrs. Harris?), in numerous department stores, at least 3 different shopping malls, on 2 continents; in print, picture, and video. Now, I've done so in cyberspace! Isn't technology a marvel?

Happy birthday, Mom! I'm so glad you were born; aren't you glad I was?
aishite imasu.
-C.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Toku! (How's that Colleen?)

Ralph & Mihyon

aworkinprogress said...

Thanks, Parretts! Mucho appreciated!

Anonymous said...

Well, you've finally done it.
your Mom's first question was "Where did she get that photo?" but alls well that ends well. Your Mom thinks you are the craziest kid we have...I'm not entirely convinced you are. (But actually, she is real proud of you, as am I) Have a better week this week.

aworkinprogress said...

Dad-The photo is from a pic of you & Mom in Japan back in 2005. I just cropped it with Photoshop. Like I said, technology is a marvel, no?

This week is already better-I'll talk to you both soon.

Anonymous said...

Delightful photo--thanks for posting it!