Thursday, January 29, 2009

Currently.....

Currently reading:

Goddesses in Everywoman: a new psychology of women by Jean Shinoda Bolen, M.D. Found it in Myopic Books, a used bookstore in Wicker Park. Claims to combine Jungian archetypes with a feminist model, using Greek mythology to illustrate such. Intriguing concepts, and for $6.50 to boot. Hey, I'll give just about anything a chance if I'm compared to a goddess. Remember that.

Currently listening to:

Awake: the Best of Live by Live. I love this band. Their second release, Throwing Copper, was in constant rotation during my college years. Very masculine sound that neither crosses the line into misogyny nor indulges in cloying sentiment. That, and I totally crush on their drummer. I'm cheap like that, it's true.

Currently watching:

Battlestar Galactica on scifi.com While a friend & I concur that consistency is not really there, BSG is still one of the best-written dramas on TV right now. Good dialogue, sweeping plot twists, strong female characters, and sci-fi nerdiness equals enthralled me.

Currently focusing on:

Relaxing. I'm not good at that. I've been working so hard on working so hard that really taking time out to read for pleasure, to listening to music I like, and to watch a TV show for kicks actually takes focus and effort. I'm in a strange position where I have to work on relaxing.

And isn't the point of relaxing to not be working?

-C.

No comments: