Saturday, February 7, 2009

Double Whammy

My guinea pig Pickle passed away last night. I wanted to write a little something about him, but I'm afraid that that is going to have to wait. I'm still a little stunned from having lost two pets so unexpectedly and in quick succession. In contrast to Panda, who was very timid with people, Pickle was a delight to handle and didn't shy away from attention. Everyone who came into contact with him took note of that, and his unusual extroverted nature produced a number of photo opportunities of which I took great advantage.

I just can't look at any of them now. Not yet. Not for a while.

-C.

4 comments:

Brian (Gus) and Kathy (Kat) said...

I am so sorry. I love how much you love your pets!

Anonymous said...

Sorry bout the guinea pigs, that sucks

gl. said...

what? i'm shocked it's so soon after panda! i imagine your heart is breaking; i hope people treat you with especial care for a while...

Anonymous said...

I was hoping against hope that this would not happen. My heart is with you, Colleen.