Saturday, May 9, 2009

Worthwhile

All the hours put in, all the posts about how much I work, how tired I am, blah, blah, blah.

It's all been worth it. Know why? Because yesterday I wrote two checks, and with the stroke of a pen, a couple of envelopes, one bus trip, and a single postage stamp, I am completely debt-free. I don't have much, but I owe nothing, and it's a glorious feeling to have.

Hopefully soon I'll be more energetic, therefore articulate enough to really put into words how pleased I am right now. But the long work-weeks are still stretching onward, so I only have a moment to sit here and punch in a few jumbled sentences, for I've more yet to accomplish. And now that I have this moment to enjoy, I'll be doning the blue scrubs and the green apron with a renewed spring in my step, looking forward to a few more glorious moments of accomplishment yet to come.

Sometimes, all the hard work can pay off. Big time.

-C.

4 comments:

troy said...

That is fantastic! I just thought all the work was to stay afloat while in classes. I had no idea you were making such progress! You are truly an inspiration!

MCP said...

Marvelous! This is no small achievement, and I congratulate you. This would be a proud moment at any time, but in an economy as rocky as this one is, you've really done something amazing.

Anonymous said...

congratulations.

Melissa said...

You are absolutely fabulous, Ms. McLuckie. Now, get some sleep!